Terms & Conditions
The Gene People Partnership Network has been created to form and develop a positive collaborative relationship and to work together to raise awareness to support those living with genetic conditions.
The Partnership Network is open to genetic conditions charities, patient groups or other not for profit organisation that supports children and adults affected by genetic conditions. This includes unincorporated associations, Facebook groups and other informal bodies providing support to those with identified rare conditions.
Membership of the Gene People Partnership Network is free of charge.
Please note that:
- any reference to writing includes email.
- use of the term “partner” or “partnership” is for convenience only and to signify the collaborative nature of the relationship.
Becoming a Member
To become a member of the Gene People Partnership Network, organisations should complete the online form. The Gene People Team will review the application and may contact you for additional information. You will be asked to supply your logo, if you have one, when your application is approved.
The Partnership Network is formed for the mutual benefit of its members.
- members should endorse the aims and objectives of Gene People
- members should not bring any party in the Network into disrepute
- members should provide details at least one contact and preferably two
- members agree to reviewing the details of their listing on the Gene People website and confirming that they still meet the membership conditions each year in writing
- members undertake to notify Gene People of any significant changes to their aims and objectives
- members will keep confidential all information received about the Partnership Network and Gene People and other members of the Network, other than information that is already in the public domain or is already in the possession of organisations before becoming a member of the Partnership Network except where sharing of information is by mutual consent.
Please note that nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any legal partnership between the parties, constitute any party the agent of the other party, or authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of any other party. Each party confirms it is acting on its own behalf and not for the benefit of any other person.
Benefits of being a Gene People Partnership Network Member
Benefits to organisations include:
- free listing on the Gene People website with logo and link to your website or page
- Gene People Partnership Network logo for you to use
- exclusive access to the Gene People Partnership Network Facebook Group
- access to member-only Gene People Partnership Network virtual and in-person events
- invitations to participate in consultation responses co-ordinated by Gene People
- discount places at Gene People events where fees are charged.
New benefits will be added to the Partnership Network in consultation with members of the Network.
These Terms and Conditions were revised and approved in June 2021.